It’s been a few years since The Blow Monkeys issued their superb “The Wild River” album and it’s time for the band to once again put the groove down. The band and Dr. Robert solo had worked the Pledge Music action the last few times out but now that Pledge Music is broken, they are taking it into their own hands; just like they did in 2007 when they recorded “The Devil’s Tavern.” 2021 will be the band’s 40th anniversary so this will play out for some time as the band are shooting for a release date in the spring of 2021. It’s too early in the process for any titles or artwork to be floating upward, so this one is for the hard core; which certainly includes me. I’m always interested in what the band has to say, since they say it so well. best of all, my upcoming travel will be out of the way by June, giving me the time to maybe buy into this process more deeply than just a £15 CD pre-order!
What is being offered now are a simple array of buy-ins ranging from the simple to the outré. Here’s what’s on offer:
- DL album + channel access with possible demos/viddy – £10.00
- CD + DL album + channel access with possible demos/viddy
- plain – £15.00
- signed – £20.00
- signed/name in credits – £30.00
- LP + DL album + channel access with possible demos/viddy
- plain – £25.00
- signed – £30.00
- signed + name in credits – £40.00
- Handwritten signed lyric sheet of any BM/Dr. Robert song + DL album + channel access with possible demos/viddy – £100.00
- Recording Studio Andalusian Trip + DL album + channel access with possible demos/viddy
- A day in the studio with the band in September 2020 at Space Mountain Studios [owned by Youth] in Andalusia, Grenada. It’s a residential studio and you will be there with the band. Includes flights from the UK, ground transport to and from the studio, 2 nights lodging and meals. – £2000.00
- Executive Producer Credit + Signed personalised Vinyl Test Pressing, Vinyl and CD Albums, Art Poster and T Shirt + DL album + channel access with possible demos/viddy
- Same as the Studio Trip but for ponying up el gran dinero, your name is also in the credits as executive producer since you made this album happen in a most direct way. – £5000.00 but too late! It’s already SOLD OUT.
Quite a bit to digest but my name was in “The Devil’s Tavern” [so was Taffy’s as I recall!] and I’m happy to drop £30 into another Blow Monkeys CD since they have given me so much pleasure over the years. If it’s half as good as their last opus, then it will be $38.45 well spent. We’ve got the better part of a year to hit that button below. Will you join me?
– 30 –