Mari Wilson: Pop Deluxe UK CD 
- Always Something There to Remind Me
- I Couldn’t Live Without Your Love
- The Look of Love
- Don’t Sleep in the Subway
- You’re My World
- 24 Hours from Tulsa
- In Private
- White Horses
- Anyone Who Had a Heart
- I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten
- I Just Don’t Know What to do With Myself
- Island of Dreams
It’s been a little erratic with the storm affecting my lunch hours [to put it mildly]. I’ve just time for a quick note today updating the status of Mari Wilson’s new album. Here’s what we know thus far:
- The album is being mixed by David Bascombe, who should have plenty of presence in each of your own Record Cells
- The track listing has now been released and it’s jam-packed with a mix of stone-cold classics of UK girlpop and some surprising choices. I was intrigued to see late period, Pet Shop Boys-written Dusty Springfield material surfacing. This is definitely in keeping with the mooted moderne thrust of the album.
- Most importantly, the pledge has been extended. There are six days left to reach the pledge goal. Pledge percentage stands at 63%. You know what to do!
– 30 –
sure you’ve seen this already……….. http://www.colinvearncombe.com/
Nick A – I was monitoring his condition last night but no, I can’t say that his death was a surprise. I’ll post an obit ASAP.
Very sad news. What a beginning to 2016 it’s been.
Indeed. I’m very sorry to hear that. I hadn’t been familiar with his work other than hearing “Wonderful Life” back in the day, so many thanks to you, Monk, for reintroducing me to such a singular voice. (Uncannily, shortly after I’d read your announcement Karl Hyde, who considered him a friend, also sent thoughts via his blog.) He touched a great many people and I’m chagrined that I’d overlooked his talent.
On a lighter note, I hope the storm is clearing in your area. You know it’s something when a Chicago January is mild in comparison!
cdave2 – I never knew that Karl was a friend, but it all makes sense given that John Warwicker/Tomato designed most of Colin’s albums.
I implore everyone to seek out last year’s Blind Faith. It is a masterwork. I have listened to The Love Show and Ashes Of Angels all day long today.
I second this, almost feel bad being slightly surprised at how great it is.
I can’t wait to hear Anyone Who Had a Heart. It’s the best Bacharach/David song IMO. Sandie Shaw kinda owns in for me, but it really is meant for the type of singer Mari is as well.